Young Investigator Travelers Award (YITA)
Amirah Azzeri; University Malaya
Out-of-pocket and catastrophic health expenditures among hepatitis C patients: results from a middle-income Asian country
Buddhini Denuwara; University of Colombo
Level of health literacy and factors associated with it among school teachers in an Education Zone in Colombo, Sri Lanka
Kelvin Wai Kit, Ling; The Chinese University of Hong Kong
Applying a social practice lens to understand the practice of separate collection of plastic waste among ethnic minority group in rural China
Sok Teng, Tan; National University of Singapore
Refugee’s health needs in South East Asia: health systems responses and challenges
Siew, Lim; Monash University
Comparing a telephone- and a group-delivered diabetes prevention program: characteristics of engaged and non-engaged postpartum mothers with a history of gestational diabetes
Young Investigator Travelers Award Standard Operating Procedure (SOP)
The Young Investigator Travelers Award (YITA) provides funding to promising investigators to encourage and promote quality research in public health. The grants provide economy flight ticket, accommodation and registration fee waived to the awardee. There will be five (5) YITA offered in the APACPH 2018 Conference in Malaysia. The awardees will be selected by appointed panels. The applicant must be a faculty of APACPH members’ institutions and submission of abstracts has been accepted for oral presentation at the time of grant application. Please submit your CV, abstract number and a half page (300 words) write-up of your potential contribution in public health research.
- Awardee would need to purchase air ticket, booked accommodation and pay for registration fee (if required) in advanced.
- Awardee must attend the Early Career Network Workshop during the Pre-Conference.
- Awardee must provide proof of payment i.e. original flight boarding pass and receipt of hotel accommodation to the APACPH Secretariat for reimbursement during the conference.
- The reimbursement are only eligible for economic fare flight and accommodation (5D4N) expenses up to the maximum amount of USD1,000 per candidate. Expenses in excess of the award amount will not be reimbursed by APACPH.
- Awardee who had paid their Registration fee in advance will be reimbursed by the Conference Host.
Closing Date: 22 June 2018
APACPH Secretariat Kuala Lumpur
Dept. Of Social & Preventive Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, 50603
University of Malaya
Phone: +603-7967 4756 Fax: +603-7967 4975
Website : www.apacph.org